Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Over the weekend I volunteered at a non profit organization called Orphans Of The Storm which helps cats and dogs find homes. Before going to volunteer I was excited because I have volunteered there before and knew what it was going to be like. My hopes were that at least one animal was going to get adopted and actually two dogs got adopted. For the service I did not go directly to their shelter I went to North Brook Court Mall where they have their own little store; where they bring a few cats and dogs to put on display for adoption. I came into contact with a bunch of different people from all ages. I would explain the cat or dog like what their story was, how old they were, what type of cat and dog they were, and where they came from. The interaction was more of just a lot of  small talking. All the people I came in contact with were very nice and all felt really bad for the cats and dogs. Besides explaining the animals stories I had to take the dogs for walks, put water in there bowls, and make sure the store was clean. The entire experience was nice and as I was doing it I was happy because I was trying to get the cats and dogs a better home. Nothing really surprised me except how clam the dogs were with all the people around them. The walks would take around thirty minutes. On the way home I thought that I'm glad that some dogs got adopted and hoped that more would in the future. I volunteered on Saturday March 8 11am-5pm and Sunday March 9 11am-3pm. The supervisor in charge was Jackie Borchew email jackie@orphansofthestorm.org

No comments:

Post a Comment